Is it Friday, really!? Thank you, weekend, for coming. You are much needed and much appreciated!! Its been a crazy week- off on Tuesday for -30 wind chills and they are expecting temps in the 40-50 range tomorrow. So we'll all have pneumonia next week- but I'm not going to complain about a little warm up!
Linking up with Darci to share some of the things I've been totally loving lately.
1. Fitness. The diet contest at work is in full swing. We take this thing uber serious, we draft teams, set goals, have public weigh ins and basically shame each other into a smaller jeans size or two. It is fabulous. I really do work with the best people on the planet, so I cant think of better people to be miserable with for nine weeks of dieting in attempts to meet the goals we set. I'm only trying for seven pounds, but trust me I've got more to lose. I just don't want to set my goal too high and then not make it, that would be bad. There is a newsletter and I made the front page a few years ago for getting knocked up to avoid dieting, I will not make front page news again! This year I do have a few fun gadgets helping me out- the fitbit force and the Fitbit Aria wi-fi scale. I love the Fitbit because it really does help me stick to my goals. If I see that I only have 3,000 steps in I jump on the treadmill to get the steps up. If I'm at 4.8 miles, Ill go for a quick run to meet my goal. It keeps me mindful of how much I am exercising, while also tracking my food intake, calories burned and sleep. If you have a competitive side at all, this is great because it motivates you to hit those goals in black and white. The scale links wirelessly to the app on my phone, tracking my weight every morning to keep me honest and on track. If you're thinking about either product, give them a try you will not be disappointed!
2. Have you guys tried the Mrs. Meyers Clean Day products? I totally wouldn't clean my house as much as I do without this stuff. I'm obsessed with the lavender scent, but I hear the basil is also amazing. We have the counter spray, hand soap, cleaning concentrate and dish soap. It smells fantastic in my house. I get mine at Target, and each time I go I add another product to my cleaning bucket. If Im going to be obsessively buying things, I guess cleaning products aren't a bad way to go?
3. My fleece lined leggings from Kiki La'Rue. If you have not heard of Kiki La Rue, then you must check them out- and this isn't sponsored or anything- I just adore them. They have the cutest stuff for the most reasonable prices, and they always have sales and specials going on. I bought my first pair of leggings from them, the vertical twist leggings and I could LIVE in these suckers. They don't ride up, they don't sag down, they are perfect. I own them in four colors and have been known to put them under my dress pants on cold days. You cant see through them and the pattern is a fun little add on to boring black leggings. If you need help with sizes check out the reviews and comments, there is usually tons of info there to help you out.
4. Green Smoothies. I completed a 31 day green smoothie challenge and I feel amazing. I am not a veggie eater, so I was surprised at this. I started drinking one a day for breakfast blending up spinach, greek yogurt, ice, strawberries, bananas and blueberries. Its green in color for sure, but the banana hides the taste of the spinach. So I'm getting all of the benefits of veggies without the nasty taste, win! The best part, they keep me full from 6:30 till I get to eat lunch at 1:00. If you have any good smoothie recipes send them my way, because I'm not about to stop now!
5. EOS Lip Balm. seriously? How did I just discover this stuff? Its awesome, organic AND it actually makes my lips soft. Plus, you feel like you're getting your moneys worth with the amount you get in each tube. If you haven't tried it, you should. Esp in sweet mint and summer fruit, they're my favorites!
What new products are you guys loving?