Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Three Years Down, Forever to Go!

Three years ago today I put on the prettiest dress I had ever seen and stepped off of a bus and walked towards the most handsome guy I had ever seen outside of the church where we would be married.
 
 
 
 
That day I pledged my love to this blue eyed Southern boy who made me fall oh-so-in-love with him six years prior when we met as babies our first day in college. Now, three years later I can't believe that time has gone so quickly and so slowly all in the same breath.  Some days it seems like just yesterday we were DIY-ing the details of that day, and others it feels like a whole lifetime ago.  It is a whole lifetime for Grayson, as a mere two and a half months into our crazy ride we learned about the little boy who would cement our love and make us a full fledged family.


 
We've had our share of ups and downs and bumps in the road on our three years, and I can honestly say I cant imagine being on this journey with anyone else. Nights where you work too late, mornings when the child thinks 5 am is play time and weekends full of making memories and messes. Our life may not be the textbook definition of perfect but it is perfect for us.

 
Thank you for taking the good with the bad, the crazy and the sad and loving me more each and every day. Thank you for working so hard to give us the life you want us to have and for always doing the things around here that need to get done. Without you Grayson wouldn't know how to yell when he comes charging down the stairs, soar too high up into the air, how to hide the broccoli under his plate, or say "peas!" to get whatever he wants. Thank you for teaching him all of the things you know and wanting to show him, and me, the world.
 
Thank you for loving me for who I am, flaws and snores and all, and loving me more each day.  You're the absolute best husband I could ask for and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. As we embark on the next stage of the journey I know we'll tackle it together with love and laughter knowing that we're both in this for-ev-er.
 
I love you hubs, you're the best.
Happy Anniversary, LP.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)