Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013!

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful time out celebrating and partying like it was 1999.  I spent my evening playing trains with a sicky baby, watching Superwhy and giving extra snuggles. Grayson was up till 2:30 and back up at 5, so this morning it certianly feels like I was out partying my face off.
 
We had plans to go to a wonderful party at my friend Julie's house, but hearing that his Momma had plans for like the first time ever Grayson decided to get a severe case of the sickies. Runny nose, cough, fever- oh and if that isn't enough lets add vomiting to the list. Just to make sure that Momma can't go out. Atta boy. He's lucky he's cute that one. 
 
But seriously, knowing he wasn't feeling good there is no way on Earth I would want to be anywhere else than snuggled next to him.  Until he yaked on me. Then I wouldn't have minded being a little further away. But in the spirit of fairness about an hour later he did even the score and toss his cookies on Daddy. That part at least made me smile.
 
When the ball drops at midnight its time for new beginnings, a time for growth and a time for change. I have my list of resolutions- things I want to accomplish and do this year.  I was always told to write down goals because it makes them more tangible and easier to accomplish. Well if writing them down makes it easier, releasing it to the Internet gods should make sure that I guilt myself into keeping them.
 
So here goes.
 
1. Cook at home at least 5 nights per week. For the sake of clarifying eating at other peoples houses counts, so break out those invites people!
 
2. ORGANIZE THIS HOUSE. De-clutter, streamline, and donate to charity all of the crap we don't want/need/use. Then keep it clean.
 
3. Run a 5K. I did the couch to 5 K program but never really ran. Id like to actually prove that I did it.
 
4. Be a better Mom.  Not that I'm a bad one now, but I think I can always be better. Show more patience, more tolerance, more understanding. Spend more quality time with my little guy.
 
5. Travel somewhere this summer with my husband and son that isn't to visit family.
 
6. Exercise regularly- at least twice a week.
 
7. Redo another room in the house. Be it the playroom (you know, the room that used to be my dining room?), the main bath, the guest room or add a second bath. I'm not picky, but I want to get at least one completely done.
 
8. Blog more regularly.
 
 
So those are my goals. I'm going to accomplish them, because I'm far too proud to proclaim it then fail...that would just be embarrassing. Let me know your resolutions, Ill be more than happy to guilt you into keeping your promises to yourself as long as you do the same for me!
 
Happy New Year, Lovelies!!
 
Last picture of 2012!
 

1 comment:

  1. oh no vomit is a no go for me LOL

    I like your goals I really got to do the cook at home more. We eat at home most nights it's just cooking that I'm not doing. PB&J's are at least 2-3 nights a week here, which works we love them.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)