Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Eleven Months Old

Grayson Boy-
 
Momma has been dreading this post, because it means that we only have one more month together before you are officially no longer a baby.  I know its silly, but that makes Momma very sad. I can't believe you are as big as you are, or as smart, or as adorable- but here you are and you are all of those things and much, much more.
 
 
This month you did so much, you took your first trip to the beach with Mommy and Grammy. We just went for a few days to Virginia Beach before Momma went back to school but you had a blast.  Well, if you were on the blanket you had a blast. You were not too sure of the texture of sand. Im sure youll get used to it next year though.
 
You started walking, er, running everywhere.  All it took was Mommy pointing at Marley and saying "Look a girl walks more than Grayson". That night you walked, and you walked like a champ. We got your first few wobbly steps on video and I know we will always cherish them. Now, we cant keep you still- you run all over the house.
 
You're still in your 9-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers- but its apparent that your jeans may start to get too short here soon.  Daddy and I think you weigh around 23 pounds, but we haven't had you at the doctors to check that out for sure.
 
Your vocabulary is expanding daily. Mama, Dada, Nana, Dog, Gizzy, Light, This, Yes, Out, Up, and Ook all come out of your mouth with ease. I know that you only know so many words because Grammy spends the whole day talking to you, and we repeat everything over and over again for you to mimic. You also know where your tongue, nose and belly are and asking you to point them out is adorable.
 
You also taught us that you know how to climb steps. One day we were in the kitchen and you looked at the steps and said Up!  Within 45 seconds you were at the top and were so proud of yourself. Momma promptly went out and bought two more baby gates and now we're stepping over them to get up and down but at least you won't fall down the steps because you sneak away on us.
 
A few days after you hit the 11 month mark we suffered our first loss as a family of three. Your Great Uncle Tony passed away, which made us all very, very sad.  I know you won't remember him but Mommy and Daddy will tell you about him. We both hope that you get his peaceful, mellow attitude and his sense of adventure. He loved to be outdoors and explore and was extremely kind.  He loved you, and always asked Daddy how you were doing when they worked together.  We only have one picture of the two of you together, but Momma will treasure it always.  I know that you have one more Angel looking over you, and this one will make sure that you have skis on your feet and love Colorado.
 
I cant believe you are so close to your first birthday baby boy, I wish I could just hit pause and suck up every single second with you.  Im so glad that I get to be your Mommy and Im so thankful for the joy you bring to our lives. Without a doubt I know that on September 23rd at 6:11 AM I will be at your bedside, scooping you up and crying like a baby just like I was one year earlier.
 


 
 
Thank you again for being as amazing as you are, Daddy and I love you more than words can say. You're the best thing that ever happened to us, and that is more apparent to us each and every day. Your laugh makes me melt and I would give you anything you want when you reach your little arms out to me and say "Mama" in that sweet voice.  I cant wait to see what this last month of your baby hood holds for us both.
 
Love you forever and always,
Mommy
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. It's sad when they get bigger!! You miss how tiny they were! Yet it's exciting to see them grow as their own person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie...they do grow up fast, eh (; Just found your blog and became a new follower (: Can't wait to come back for more posts...Hope you have a lovely week!!

    Michele xoxo
    The Homesteading Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH this made me cry as my little man turns 1 on the 29th (OMG 3 more days) and im have a hard time with it. This year has been amazing reading your entries and kinda going through all the steps with someone.. lol Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)