Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Someone bring me an adult beverage.

So way back a few weeks ago Grayson took his first baby steps from my friends couch to her coffee table. Yay!!

Since then, hes been getting better on those legs- but gravity and him are still not bff's by any means.  He will pull himself up on something, then take about 5-6 steps on his own before dropping to his knees and crawling the rest of the way.  He hasn't yet stood up from nothing and taken off, but he does literally run the length of our sectional. He just sticks his hand out when hes a little shaky, but he zooms.  I know hes just going to get up and start running some day, but I'm in no hurry for that day to come.

What we have been doing really well? Climbing on everything.

Yesterday I ran to the kitchen to answer the phone and when I walked back into the room he had pushed his little red arm chair behind the couch, climbed onto the back of that chair and was attempting to scale the back of the couch.

Later that day we went to the park to try and get some pictures for first birthday invites- but this bench looked way more fun.


As well as the 6 foot slide he scaled with no help from us.

Oh and how many babies can do chin ups at 10 months?

Apparently, this guy.


As you can see the hubs is right there, but in no way is he holding onto him at this point.

So here is what I don't get, he cant walk, but he can climb like a mad man? It doesn't make sense.
The only thing I know is that I'm going to have to start drinking wine, stat.  

3 comments:

  1. My princess just turned 11 yesterday she gives two steps and falls flat on her bottom. Congrats on Grayson giving lots more steps than that! :) New reader, I'm glad I have another mommy blog to read! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's funny - don't worry its only gonna get worse. Try to have a god day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man you will be on edge for a few weeks and then you will realize he isn't as breakable as you think he is! I was a WRECK when my son started walking and pulling up on things!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)