Monday, November 21, 2011

Things I Can't Do.

I commented on another lovelies blog tonight how I cant keep a plant alive to save my life. Which pretty sad with that whole Biology degree...I should at least know enough to realize they require water.

And that got me thinking, what else can't I do?

Not in the boo hoo I'm sad I can't do this spirit, but rather in the Yes! I may fail at this but I'm still AWESOME spirit!

So here's my list:

1. I cant keep a plant alive.
2. I can't free hand draw anything- as a teacher, stick figures are my friend.
3. I can't whistle.
4. I can't eat shrimp- it feels too weird in my mouth and I can't swallow it. Come to think of it, I can't eat most things that come from the sea. Gross.
5. I can't build a lawnmower. I tried once, five hours later I still had no idea. Hubs came home and had it built in 20 minutes.
6. I can't figure out Photoshop.
7. I can't sew. I've tried, my quilt was awful.
8. I can't knock down cob webs- I'm terrified that the spider will fall on me and bite me.
9. I can't bake. My hubs jokes that he's amazed I didn't burn the bean when he was "baking".  I stick to brownies because you can't tell when I burn them.
10. I can't watch scary movies, I have nightmares for days. Sometimes I have to turn off CSI because it gives me the heebie jeebies.

So there it is. I'm a failure at those 10 things (there's probably more, but I'm not trying to make myself feel bad here!). But the really cool thing is, there are so many more things that I CAN do that I'm okay with my failures. I celebrate them because they're what makes me who I am. 

What about you guys, do you have anything you're not great at but you're totally okay with? Please share so I don't feel like a total loser!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)