Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Itching for Christmas

Here in our house, we LOVE Christmas.

Seriously, we are the Griswold's of our neighborhood.

Last year my husband put 5,000 lights on the front of our house and picked out a tree I called Shamu.


Cutting it down...it was 4 degrees outside, and these two kept me out there for an hour looking for the PERFECT tree. Which I said was too large.

After he cut two extra feet off of the bottom...it still touched the 10 foot ceiling. PS that window behind the tree is 4 feet wide.


All decorated with presents from Santa!

This year, we get to take Grayson out to cut down his first tree, so today I bought him his first baby snowsuit and thermal long undies.  If he's going to be in this family he's going to learn how to hang from birth I suppose.  I've also started to pull out Christmas decorations to put up when I get a chance, since its going to be a little harder this year with the Bean and all. 

Usually I make sure to wait until after Thanksgiving...we do respect the Turkey here...but this year the bird is just going to have deal with it. I can't help myself, I've already watched Christmas Vacation and Christmas with the Kranks - tis the season, lovelies!


2 comments:

  1. I love love love Christmas too!! Now that we live in the South Christmas isn't quite the same though, what's Christmas without snow?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting for the first tree search with the baby! I'm really looking forward to Connor's first one too (I also got him a fleece suit). I've never had a real tree before either, so it will be a first for both of us!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)